.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ON OUR FACES- an ongoing worship discussion

"The god's we worship write their names on our faces, be sure of that. And a man will worship something-have no doubt of that, either. He may think that his tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of his heart- but it will out. That which dominates will determine his life and character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Refuse to accept the status quo. I challenge everything. It is important to me that I understand why I do what I do and I'll challenge everyone else too because that is how I learn. Christ-follower, student, teacher, artist, musician, mother, wife, daughter, friend, home-schooler, doula, home-birther, knitter, abuse survivor, advocate of women, children, families and peace, I value relationships more than anything in this life. There is room for my life for my passions for birth, music, lit., nature, art, dance, knitting, cooking, Scripture, film, theology, philosophy, writing, and loving my family. I know I don't have all the answers and I'm willing to listen, I don't argue for the sake of arguing or to win but I am passionate and opinionated while being open to change. Wrap all that up and then some and serve it with a cup of coffee, a glass of wine and some chocolate and that's a little bit of who I am. Just an ordinary woman in my every day rebellious ways.

Friday, September 09, 2005

by Jessica



Our very good friend, Steve, leaves for Scotland today. Steve takes at least partial credit for introducing Jeremy and I. Lucky guy will be going to the University of Edinburgh to study Theological Ethics with an emphasis in media and theological ethics and specializing in theology and film. When it's all said and done, he'll have a PhD in Theology. Sounds like so much fun. Steve and Jeremy and I spent hours and hours discussing Scripture, theology, doctrine, the church, worship and the Gospel in the arts back in college and then when Jeremy and I were first married. Steve regularly kicks me in the rear and challenges me in my relationships with Christ and others. Thanks to the internet we won't really miss him, we haven't lived near each other in years but have kept our relationship going via email and instant messaging. I can't wait to discuss with him all the great stuff he'll be studying and how cool will it be to have to watch movie for home work? Have a great trip Steve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home