.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ON OUR FACES- an ongoing worship discussion

"The god's we worship write their names on our faces, be sure of that. And a man will worship something-have no doubt of that, either. He may think that his tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of his heart- but it will out. That which dominates will determine his life and character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Refuse to accept the status quo. I challenge everything. It is important to me that I understand why I do what I do and I'll challenge everyone else too because that is how I learn. Christ-follower, student, teacher, artist, musician, mother, wife, daughter, friend, home-schooler, doula, home-birther, knitter, abuse survivor, advocate of women, children, families and peace, I value relationships more than anything in this life. There is room for my life for my passions for birth, music, lit., nature, art, dance, knitting, cooking, Scripture, film, theology, philosophy, writing, and loving my family. I know I don't have all the answers and I'm willing to listen, I don't argue for the sake of arguing or to win but I am passionate and opinionated while being open to change. Wrap all that up and then some and serve it with a cup of coffee, a glass of wine and some chocolate and that's a little bit of who I am. Just an ordinary woman in my every day rebellious ways.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

How High would you bid?

by Jessica Martin-Weber

You can send an atheist to church- seriously. A guy in Chicago is giving people of any faith from anywhere the opportunity to send him to church be selling his church going self on ebay, go check it out and let me know what you think. I've been following the auction since Monday and find the comments that people are making really amazing actually. Let me know what you think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is an interesting concept. Almost like putting a worldly price on salvation. However, I'm not sure how sincere the seller is. Will her/his heart be willing to accept Jesus as Savior?

If I could pay a nonbeliever to go to church, though, and be reasonably assured that she/he would be open to converting, I might consider it.

What do you think about it?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm actually really intrigued by this guys idea (it's brilliant!) and though I'd never offer to someone to pay them to go to church because I don't think that's what Christ had in mind when He told us to reach the nations- something about encouraging peoples infatuation with money and material possisions (like the church that gave out gas coupouns if you visited them- I just can't go for that) just strikes me as wrong. But still, I think we could learn a lot from this guy and I plan to follow his blog- it's like free research to me.

If I had the money, I would have bid even if I thought there really wasn't a chance of his heart being open for the reasons I mentioned above and also because His heart could change and let us hope that is exactly what happens. There is no price-tag you could put on somebody's heart, ever but certainly on time.

btw, who is this?

Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home