.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

ON OUR FACES- an ongoing worship discussion

"The god's we worship write their names on our faces, be sure of that. And a man will worship something-have no doubt of that, either. He may think that his tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of his heart- but it will out. That which dominates will determine his life and character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

Refuse to accept the status quo. I challenge everything. It is important to me that I understand why I do what I do and I'll challenge everyone else too because that is how I learn. Christ-follower, student, teacher, artist, musician, mother, wife, daughter, friend, home-schooler, doula, home-birther, knitter, abuse survivor, advocate of women, children, families and peace, I value relationships more than anything in this life. There is room for my life for my passions for birth, music, lit., nature, art, dance, knitting, cooking, Scripture, film, theology, philosophy, writing, and loving my family. I know I don't have all the answers and I'm willing to listen, I don't argue for the sake of arguing or to win but I am passionate and opinionated while being open to change. Wrap all that up and then some and serve it with a cup of coffee, a glass of wine and some chocolate and that's a little bit of who I am. Just an ordinary woman in my every day rebellious ways.

Friday, February 10, 2006

An Apple a Day...

by Jessica



IT has finally happened! I am sitting here writing this (when I should be figuring out what I'm making for company tonight) on our new-to-us Mac PowerBook G4! There is real potential here for some "idol" worship, this machine is great and I'm in love. Why I ever left Mac nearly 8 years ago I'll never really know though it had something to do with a free PC...



Still, dreams do come true!


Added later: Did you watch any of the opening ceremony for the Olympics? What in the world was with the music? All really bad American pop from the 80's! Italy acually has beautiful music, why did they pick some of the most terrible music in world history? Ugh!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so freaking jealous. LUCKY!

Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Ha! Jealousy is a bad thing you know. You'll have to come over and see it, it's beautiful.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger James said...

I liked the disco theme ... it seemed to make the athletes groove, too. Maybe it puts the Olympics in their place, too, because it's hardly a dignified march of our honorable national heroes.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home